Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy "Belated" Birthday, Dad

Or, as George has called him a couple of times recently...Bob. More on that later.

Tonight we celebrated dad's birthday a few days late. Poor daddy wasn't actually here on the big day, so we postponed the "party." We went for some dinner and then came home for cake. George was very into the cake. He managed to get his fingers in it a few times before we did the singing and candles. Yes, I'll admit...those are tea lights on the cake. Around here, we call that improvising. It wasn't until we were ready to do candles that I realized we were out. We always have spare birthday candles it seems, but not tonight. Since it's snowing, dad came up with this alternative rather than have me go get some. Anyway, George LOVES cake and I think he's ready for his 2nd birthday. He practiced blowing out the candles a few times after dad already had them out.

Oh, and the name thing. One night last week when I was bathing George and trying to get dad's attention because I needed some assistance, I yelled out..."Daddy!" He did not hear and did not come. So, I tried again..."Daddy!" Still nothing. So, I tried, "Bob!" He heard, and came. I asked dad to bring us an extra towel and as soon as he stepped away from the door, George yelled out..."BOB! BOB! BOB!" I wish you could have seen the look on his face when daddy stuck his face right back into the bathroom and said..."You call me daddy, not Bob!" George giggled and yelled Bob some more.

No comments: